06 November 2007

it starts

In August of 2007 my boyfriend proposed to me on the streets of downtown Chicago. Being new to this, I have since spent many hours flipping through magazines and browsing websites (the knot is a great starting reference), taking mental notes and forming pictures of what I hope my big day is like. I've been to weddings before, I've even been a bridesmaid. And although my part was pretty small - show up, sign a book, eat some food, and try not to make a fool of myself on the dance floor - it seemed to me that planning a wedding wouldn't be all that hard. Ah yes, ignorance truly is bliss.
Since my planning began, I have changed my mind on, in no particular order: my dress, the location, the colors, whether or not to have a line, who to have in my line, photographers, caterers, wedding planners, florists and date. Apparently planning a wedding is no slice of cake. Who knew?
So here I am, ready to share my stories of success and frustrations. Living in Salt Lake City, I have learned that sometimes resources can be limited. Planning a wedding that doesn't take place in a Temple involves thinking outside of the box. Luckily, from intimate backyard gatherings, to destination canyon weddings, the city has more to offer than meets the eye.
They say planning a wedding is supposed to be fun - it is after all, all about you. From the dress to the flowers, from the food to the photos, and every detail in between. I promise you'll change your mind, I promise at some point you'll have no idea what in the hell is going on, and you may even shed a few tears. But, from what I hear, it will be one of the greatest moments in your life.
Here's to planning a wedding, and the inevitable insanity that comes with it.
Cheers.

2 comments:

Chris Anderson said...

It starts...and it starts well! We look forward to watching it unfold.

Cheers,

Chris and Sarah

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

thanks so much for listing us on your blogroll! i hope that we can give you some inspiration along the way! and trust me, you are not alone with the decisions - as you look at things over and over you will find your taste. feel free to leave a comment or email to me if you would like me to create an inspiration board for you!