06 November 2007

it starts

In August of 2007 my boyfriend proposed to me on the streets of downtown Chicago. Being new to this, I have since spent many hours flipping through magazines and browsing websites (the knot is a great starting reference), taking mental notes and forming pictures of what I hope my big day is like. I've been to weddings before, I've even been a bridesmaid. And although my part was pretty small - show up, sign a book, eat some food, and try not to make a fool of myself on the dance floor - it seemed to me that planning a wedding wouldn't be all that hard. Ah yes, ignorance truly is bliss.
Since my planning began, I have changed my mind on, in no particular order: my dress, the location, the colors, whether or not to have a line, who to have in my line, photographers, caterers, wedding planners, florists and date. Apparently planning a wedding is no slice of cake. Who knew?
So here I am, ready to share my stories of success and frustrations. Living in Salt Lake City, I have learned that sometimes resources can be limited. Planning a wedding that doesn't take place in a Temple involves thinking outside of the box. Luckily, from intimate backyard gatherings, to destination canyon weddings, the city has more to offer than meets the eye.
They say planning a wedding is supposed to be fun - it is after all, all about you. From the dress to the flowers, from the food to the photos, and every detail in between. I promise you'll change your mind, I promise at some point you'll have no idea what in the hell is going on, and you may even shed a few tears. But, from what I hear, it will be one of the greatest moments in your life.
Here's to planning a wedding, and the inevitable insanity that comes with it.
Cheers.

4 comments:

chris said...

It starts...and it starts well! We look forward to watching it unfold.

Cheers,

Chris and Sarah

elizabeth said...

thanks so much for listing us on your blogroll! i hope that we can give you some inspiration along the way! and trust me, you are not alone with the decisions - as you look at things over and over you will find your taste. feel free to leave a comment or email to me if you would like me to create an inspiration board for you!

prom dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own prom dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,strapless wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Get your wedding dresses in our wedding dress shop.

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.